IS PROVERBS 31 LIFESTYLES a NON-PROFIT MINISTRY?
Proverbs 31 Lifestyles is a business in which our ministry is fulfilled. The difference is this: businesses exist to make a profit for the sake of profit, growth, power, etc. Ministries have a deeper purpose, although they must function as a business to a certain degree, in order to manage the administration of the organization.
In a nutshell, our structure allows us to make a profit and give it to our ministry. The business is the main source of funds for the ministry.
WILL I GET A TAX RECEIPT IF I DONATE TO YOUR MINISTRY?
No, tax receipts can only be given by non-profit charitable entities, and only if you do not get something in return. We will happily accept your donations of winter clothing and Bibles, both of which we share with the homeless. As for monetary donations, give you our services in exchange.
WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO STRUCTURE YOUR MINISTRY THIS WAY?
Many reasons, here are just a few:
- It allows us to be transparent about spending. We take an income from our earnings, not from your donations.
- It allows us to bless Proverbs 31 Lifestyles and other people in any way we chose.
- It allows us to use all of our abilities, in and out of ministry, to find creative ways to finance Proverbs 31 Lifestyles.
- It gives us the flexibility to hire people for the ministry in the future if we choose to do so, and to provide them greater earning opportunities.
- It gives us the opportunity to model a biblical lifestyle as we interact through Proverbs 31 Lifestyles.
- It enables us to give more and avoid being a broke ministry. Proverbs 31 Lifestyles will be better able to thrive despite inflation, rising costs, and other factors.
- It allows us to stay away from the rules and regulations of non-profit charities
CAN YOU BACK THAT UP WITH SCRIPTURE?
Sure… “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.” (Proverbs 14:23)